- City Services
- Utilities / Services
- Nelson Hydro
- Green Energy & Programs
- Energy Retrofit Program
- On-Bill Financing Program
On-Bill Financing Program
On-bill financing is a low-interest loan for home energy upgrades or electric bicycles. The loan is repaid on your Nelson Hydro electric bill. To qualify for an E-Bike or Energy Retrofit loan through your Nelson Hydro bill, the Loan Applicant must:
- own and live in the home within the City of Nelson.
- be enrolled in pre-authorized direct withdrawal payment for their residential Nelson Hydro electric bill.
- Note: if you are not currently enrolled in a pre-authorized payment plan (i.e. direct withdrawal), please work with a Customer Service Representative in person at City Hall or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
- have their Nelson Hydro, Property Tax, and Other Utility residential accounts in good standing for up to 2 years.
- have two years of credit history, either with Nelson Hydro or another utility.
- have all persons listed on the residential land title authorize the loan.
- not be a commercial account or property.
Loans up to a maximum of $8,000.00 per household are available for an E-Bike. Loans up to a maximum of $16,000 per household are available for Energy Retrofits. Please read the Loan Terms & Conditions.
For Nelson Hydro customers who reside outside city limits, please contact the EcoSave Program Manager for low-interest financing information that is available through our program partner at the Nelson & District Credit Union.
- What is on-bill financing?
- Who can apply for on-bill financing?
- What are the loan details?
- What type(s) of retrofits can be financed?
- Is it mandatory to apply for on-bill financing as a Participant in the EcoSave program?
- What happens if the house sells before the on-bill financing loan is paid off?
- Can the loan be paid in part or whole before the end of the term?
- Who pays the contractor?
- Can the Participant complete the work?
- Can both a contractor and a Participant complete the work?
- Can there be more than one contractor?
- How is the credit approval determined?
- What happens if there is a default on the loan?
- Is there a time limit on completing the retrofits in order to qualify for on-bill financing?
- Do I have to complete a home energy evaluation in order to apply for on-bill financing?
- How do I apply?