Bylaw Complaints

Complaints Policy Number

Complaints with respect to bylaw enforcement are handled in accordance with Council’s Bylaw Enforcement Complaints Policy Number 4000.00.010.

Bylaw Enforcement Complaint Form

To assist you with the complaint process, please use the City's Bylaw Enforcement Complaint Form (PDF) when submitting a complaint related to the City's bylaws (such as noise, building or traffic violations). Please note that the City does not accept anonymous complaints. If you prefer, you are welcome to make your complaint in person at the Bylaw Enforcement Department.

Bylaw Enforcement Complaint forms can also be collected at the Bylaw Enforcement Department front counter or at City Hall main reception.

Bylaw Enforcement Complaint forms can be delivered, emailed or faxed to:

City of Nelson - Bylaw Enforcement Department
606 Stanley Street
Nelson BC V1L 1N4
Fax: 250-354-4179
Email Bylaw Enforcement

Noise Complaint

If you are reporting a noise complaint relating to gunshots or people fighting call 911.

Noise complaints which occur after normal business hours may be reported directly to the Nelson Police Department. For all other noise complaints please contact the City's Bylaw Enforcement Department noting the time(s), date(s) and duration(s) and type of noise that is occurring.